Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gearing Up for the SCD

With six members in our house, we have our fair share of "health problems."  Chronic sinus infections, chronic fatigue, seasonal allergies, food allergies/sensitivities, and emotional/physical issues from a massive stroke in our adopted daughter.  After reading Cheeseslave and all the benefits she has received from the SCD/GAPS diet, I'm finally going to jump in.  Well, maybe not "jump in"...  I'm not ready to down to the intro diet yet.  We're going to start eating legal foods (the best we can) and phasing out illegal foods as soon as possible.  In my kitchen right now I have four SCD compliant foods fermenting/slow cooking: chicken bone broth, SCD yogurt, homemade pepperoni (that tastes like summer sausage I hear - I substituted sea salt - to replace the all-natural lunch meat that contains sugar), and water kefir soda.  I have coconut flour in my stash and almond meal on my Azure Standard order.  I saw a recipe yesterday for Lemon Poppy Seed Bread that looks delicious! 

Anybody have tips, tricks, advice, favorite recipes for me???

No comments:

Post a Comment