Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Product Review: Sweet Creek Dill Pickles


I'm a pickle maniac. I love dill pickles, hot, spicy, garlicky, dill pickles. About a month ago I ran out of pickles that we had cultured from last summer's cucumbers. I don't like buying pickles from the store because they have preservatives (sodium benzoate) or food coloring or BOTH! I was pleased to see that Azure Standard carries organic pickles with no preservatives or food coloring. The only ones I have tried so far are Sweet Creek's Dill Pickles. I'll have to say I was disappointed. These pickles taste sweet (I assume because of the apple cider vinegar) and I don't like sweet pickles. They are fine on a sandwich, but I don't like to eat them straight out of the jar. If you like sweet pickles I'm sure these would be fine. Next time I'm going to order Sweet Creek's Chili Dills and see if I like them better. I'm also going to order some of Bubbie's Kosher Dill Pickles. Bubbie's brand are not organic, but they are still free of preservatives and food coloring.

INGREDIENTS: Organic Cucumbers, Filtered Water, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic Garlic, Sea Salt, Organic Spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment