Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Creamy Orange Cooler (Cultured!)


I've been intrigued by Heavenly Homemaker's recipe for Creamy Orange Cooler since I stumbled across it months ago. Why did it take me so long to try this? So Good!!! I have always cooked with buttermilk, but never had it for a drink. Just wonderful. And if you are industrious enough to make your own buttermilk (from raw milk) and use fresh (raw) oranges, it would be even better.

This recipe makes 2 servings. I half it and make it in my magic bullet, then I can drink right out of the cup I mixed it in. You could probably even pour the ingredients in a pint jar with a lid and give it a few good shakes to mix it up.

Juice of 3 medium oranges (or 8 ounces orange juice)
2 cups cultured buttermilk
2 teaspoons grade B maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Squeeze juice from the oranges and pour into a blender with remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment